Saturday, February 6, 2010

slight delay in plans

One of my students call things like this "hiccups".

I didn't make the connecting flight from Bangkok to Beijing this morning.... they closed the door to the plane, and I had to collect bags, and they wouldn't hold the flight for me. I begged, lied, pleaded and cried (just a little) and no one could do anything. Thinking things always work out, I assumed they could either get me to Beijing another way, or at least reschedule me for tomorrow. But , there were no seats tomorrow. period.

So after many long distance calls to the US later, and a couple hours in Bangkok airport.... I finally got Continental to rebook me on the next flight....which could get me to newark, but I'd have to spend Monday night there. Or they could get me to San Francisco,. but I'd have to spend the night there. So, I opted for that... SF Monday night. I don't even know if Bryan and Jen will be back from their honeymoon yet, (and surely don't expect them to be thrilled that I'm stranded at the SF airport... but I'm hoping this is the silver lining.

So, all is well. I'm just disappointed that I'm not with Thane, and not on my way home either. But as you know, I don't believe this is a mistake, so I'm looking for the good that will come from it. So, for now, I will be home tuesday night. But when you travel like this, I know the journey includes the start and finish. Our bus blew out a tire in the middle of nowhere...and I took pictures of the entire changing of the tire process. We landed in the middle of the 34th annual flower festival in Chiang mai. I will be glad to be home after all of this. But I had a fabulous, unbelievable visit with thane and his friends, saw parts of Thailand I never dreamed of seeing.

Now, for a couple more days of Bangkok!

Hope to see you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment