Sunday, January 31, 2010

Always Water, Always Washing

I join Thane's student where she is washing clothes, and I am washing brushes. Today Thane took me to the National Park to see the waterfall, a longer, taller waterfall than I have ever seen on all my waterfall hunting excursions in NC. Took a picnic of tea leaf salad, sticky rice cooked in bamboo, and fresh cut pineapple on skewers bought at the market before we left. We hiked up, got a new view of more falls, swam in pools of icy water, kept climbing for even more of the waterfall. Tomorrow I will go to the border to see the Friendship Bridge, then to the orphanage I just learned of. New chapter.

1 comment:

  1. How beautiful you are washing brushes Maggi!!
    A slide show will be wonderful too.. and weather
    "up East" says snow on Sat., you probably know
    already.. wishes for safe travels back from your
    magically wonderful journey.. I've loved reading
    everything!
    xoxo Susan L.

    ReplyDelete